There are many different kind of business disputes, and some are more common than others. But working with an experienced West Palm Beach business attorney can help minimize the challenges you face as a business.
If you find yourself in the midst of a dispute, consult with an experienced West Palm Beach business attorney if you’re not able to resolve the issue on your own. Litigation might be an option, but your attorney may be able to help settle your case outside of the courtroom as well.
1. Business Succession Disputes – Careful planning is a key factor to a successful business venture. You may be surprised to realize that some of the most common disputes among family members or other key stakeholders in the business have to do with what happens when individuals resign, exit the business or even pass away.
Read on to learn about the five most common business disputes across Florida.
For example, sudden departure as a result of disability or death can catch individuals off guard and wreak significant havoc on the business. Planning ahead and stipulating how these decisions will be made is one important thing you can do to minimize problems.
Having a business succession plan in place can minimize a lot of disputes that emerge due to these issues. An experienced attorney can handle advanced situations that involve unclear exit plans or no plans at all…
2. Employment Disputes – There are many different factors that can cause an employment dispute including:
- Discrimination based on marital status, race, age, disability, sex or other forms of discrimination
- Maternity leave disputes
- Unfair dismissal charges
- Disagreement over payment or salary
- Non-compete and non-confidentiality breaches
Hiring an experienced West Palm Beach business attorney to review these disputes can help determine the best course of legal action and even help settle or diffuse these disputes.
3. Partnership Disputes – Another common business dispute is those that happen between partners. Individuals in management or leadership positions frequently find themselves in the midst of a disagreement that evolves into a larger conflict. Typically, a partnership dispute revolves around:
- Disagreement on direction
- Financial issues
Visit this site here to read more about business partnerships and disagreements.
4. Financial Agreements and Breaches of Contract – Disputes between partners or other businesses can happen easily when the issue has to do with existing financial agreements or breaches of contract.
If one or more elements of a legal agreement are not upheld by one or more stakeholder parties, then it is essential to hire a West Palm Beach business attorney to address the issue.
Check out this here to read more about contract disputes and working with a West Palm Beach business attorney.
5. Business to Business Disputes – Interacting with another business as a vendor can be a delicate and complicated situation. When disagreements arise, it could benefit you to consult with a knowledgeable West Palm Beach business attorney to help you resolve the issue outside of court, which can save everyone a lot of frustration, time, and money.
This list references some of the most common conflict sources, but every situation is different. Learn more about the different kinds of business disputes here.
Why You Should Call a West Palm Beach Business Attorney
Having a business attorney you can trust ensures that you have access to the most helpful information when a dispute happens so that you can make an informed decision about what to do next.